This lapbook for seasons of the year, the history of the calendar, and how the days got their names is the perfect complement to ANY curriculum you use in your homeschool. Explore the seasons, months and days of the year with this complete project from Homeschool Holiday. Jam-packed with activities to explore the history of the days of the week, the months of the year and so much more! This project is designed to be completed over time and provides a presentation AND teaching video all about the four seasons. There is a SECOND slide presentation and teaching video for calendar history and how the months got their names!
There are some about me activities and name practice sheets so you can see how your children progress as the year progresses.
Start in January, August, or September as you see fit! Print only the pages you need.
This lapbook is BUNDLED automatically with our FOUR SEASONS TREE CRAFT because it’s such a perfect fit.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET
in the Four Seasons Lapbook:
- Instructions for use and printing suggestions – printing on colored vs plain white paper.
- Step by Step photo assembly instructions where needed.
- Over 60 printable pages covering seasons, months, and days of the week
(You won’t use all of them as some pages are duplicates giving your style choices)
- Cover page for students to color
- “This is Me” beginning of year/end of year self-portrait pages
- Seasons of the year slide presentation
- Exclusive teaching video where “Sun” and “Earth” guide learners through the presentation
- Printable “cards” in color or ink-friendly of presentation to add to lapbook, or use in lieu of presentation/video
- Illustrate the 4 seasons
- 4 seasons mini file folder book – completed using information from presentation/video or printed cards
- 4 Seasons Tree Craft (comes as its own PDF)
- Count 100 days of school recording sheet
- How the Months Got their names slide presentation
- Exclusive teaching video where Candice, a little girl who thinks she is the goddess of calendars guides learners through the slide presentation.
- Mini calendars to record the dates for one year. Inside the calendars flaps, it is suggested to record a favorite activity or a favorite HOLIDAY from that month.
- Mini History of how the months got their names. There is a pocket for each month to insert the information. This is the information from the slide presentation/video.
- Various Copywork activities in trace, print or script for the months, and days of the week.
- Pages for writing the student’s name all year. Pages begin at various times: January, August, September, or start anytime (teacher/parent writes in the months)
- Days of the week element that teaches how each day got its name, the abbreviation, and holidays that commonly fall on the day.
Be sure to check out the preview images to get a COMPLETE look at ALL the elements!
A few more Details about what’s inside
Our Seasons, Months, and Days of the Week Lapbook makes teaching how rotation and revolution impact the seasons a SNAP. It’s also “hemisphere” neutral and works regardless of where you are in the world. “Sun” and “Earth” are careful to refer to the changing seasons by MONTH rather than as the “Autumn Equinox” for example. These terms are important for students to have a healthy worldview – not to mention being scientifically accurate way to refer to the seasons!
You also get a great overview of the history of the Gregorian Calendar when completing the Monthly History Pockets. The included informational text can be read by you, your child, or an older sibling. We even have a SECOND slide presentation and teaching video that includes this calendar history and How the months got their names.
This Incredible year-long resource also helps students practice writing the date. This can be an activity you choose to do DAILY with learners or just for a month or two. There are templates to use as a guide included in the packet for the various date writing formats.
***** Please note the SEASONS TREE CRAFT is also sold separately *****
But it’s just the craft… You can get that HERE
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE OUR OTHER LAPBOOKING PRODUCTS
Lapbooking Template Pack – turn any assignment into your own lapbook
Franklin and the Kite Lapbook
Thomas Edison Light Bulb Lapbook (coming soon)
Florence Nightingale Lantern Lapbook (coming soon)
Want some Calendar History before deciding? Check out THIS BLOG POST: The Gregorian Calendar History
CHECK OUT RELATED YOUTUBE VIDEO: Calendar History
A NOTE ABOUT STANDARDS:
Homeschool Holiday resources are designed by a credentialed teacher and packed with learning opportunities – after all, our major guiding principle is “everything is learning”. We reference the major academic terms and overarching concepts addressed rather than specific standards. You are the expert in your field and know what standards you need to meet, and how best to accomplish that for your learners. Our goal is to save you time by giving you resources you can use to give your learners a quality education built on strong relationships, accurate academic resources, and enriching experiences.
IF YOU’D LIKE TO GET SOCIAL:
Homeschool Holiday recognizes the deep love you have for those in your home and classroom, yourself included. Our products are designed to foster that love and your commitment to a quality education built on strong relationships, accurate academic resources, and enriching experiences.
With Homeschool Holiday – there is always something to Celebrate!
– Christy, AKA Mrs. Crabtree, and the Homeschool Holiday Team